What Are Folic Acid Tablets?
Folic Acid is a member of the B group of vitamins and is used in the body for the production of nucleic acids and DNA. It helps in the utilisation of sugar, amino acids and the division of body cells.
No video for this product.
What Are Folic Acid Tablets For?
- Folic acid is known as folate a form of the B group vitamins.
- Very important for the formation of red blood cells
- Folate is required during the period of infancy or pregnancy for the rapid cell division.
- Important nutrient to help protect against anaemia at all age.
- Folate is also involved in the synthesis; repair and functioning of DNA
Who Are Folic Acid Tablets For?
- Women who are trying to conceive or are already in their first trimester
- Women who suffer from heart problems.
- Those who have low red blood cell count
When Should I Take Folic Acid Tablets?
With regard to pregnancy, Folic Acid tablets should be taken from when methods of contraception are no longer being used right through until the end of the 12th week of pregnancy.
Each Folic Acid tablet contains (average):
Folacin (Folic Acid)
RDA: EC Recommended Daily Allowance
|Bulking Agent (di-Calcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose), Stabiliser (Crosslinked Sodium Carboxy Methyl Cellulose), Anti-caking Agent (Veg. Magnesium Stearate), Folic Acid.
Recommended Daily Intake of Folic Acid Tablets:
Adults and children over 12 years of age, one tablet daily. Do not exceed recommended daily intake unless advised by a suitably qualified person.