How Does it Compare to the Yantra Mat?
The Salveo Mat is based on the same principles and is generally cheaper than the Yantra Mat or other acupressure mats.
If used regularly it may help alleviate:
- Feelings of stress
Why Purchase the Salveo Acupressure Mat
The mat has been designed and manufactured to RoHS standards. Unlike other similar mats the spikes have been added by heat treatment rather than glue. This means the plastic spikes are lot less likely to fall off and also makes the mat environmentally friendly. The price you pay is the best value price as we buy directly from the manufacturer rather than suppliers and wholesalers. The mat also currently comes with an offer of a free eco-bag.
- Choice of two colours either Green or Purple
- Manufactured strictly to RoHS standards
- Environmentally friendly using no glue
- 33 point non toxic ABS plastic pressure points
- 100% cotton fabric with washing instructions
- Free bag
Does the Acupressure Mat Hurt?
It provides a strange sensation which may take a short time getting used to. After a while you get used to the sensation and together with the release of oxytocin it actually feels relaxing. When getting used to the acupressure mat it maybe recommended only using it for a short time and wearing a thin t-shirt until you get fully used to the sensation.
What happens in the body?
- 10 – 15 minutes – peptide hormones start to flow through the whole body
- 20 – 30 minutes – a significant reduction of the stress and discomfort levels in the body
- 30 – 40 minutes – a significant easing of discomfort and increased activity ability
Acupressure Mat FAQ
How many pressure points does the acupressure mat have?
- The acupressure mats have 6237/7293 pressure points respectively and each mat is constructed with 189/211 flowers. Each flower consists of 33 pressure points. The points are calibrated, which means that the manufacturing process gives a precise result, each pressure point is equally sharp (please compare with other mats). We believe that quality is of significant importance to achieve optimal effect!
Who can use the acupressure mat?
- Everybody! It provides the greatest impact on you if you are stressed out, sleep poorly, have low energy, tension, stiffness or simply need a better and more complete sleep / rest to get more daily energy. Always consult your doctor in case of documented medical diagnoses or concerns.
What happens in the body?
Can children use the mat?
- Sure, they experience the same benefits as adults and the mat can be used before bedtime to relax. Just be sure to put a cloth in between, as children have more sensitive skin. However the acupressure mat is not a toy and should not be used without adult supervision.
Is the mat hygienic?
- Yes. Mix a little detergent in warm water and wash by hand. Rinse thoroughly several times and drip dry at room temperature or with the benefit of fresh air. Do not use a washing machine or tumble dryer, as the acupressure mat and machinery may be damaged.
How does the acupressure mat affect the skin?
- Small pits on the skin will occur after using the acupressure mat but they usually disappear after a few hours or in rare cases after a few days. The redness that occurs is due to the increased blood circulation and is a positive effect of the acupressure mat’s calibrated pressure points.
Can I use the acupressure mat on other parts of the body than the back?
- Of course you can, but because there is no documentation of increased effects when used on other body parts, we would recommend that you treat the back first. The back is after all the body’s largest single treatment area, and the peptide hormones that are released affect the entire body. Neck and shoulder areas can be point treated to good effect. We then recommend that you put a pillow under the acupressure mat for the best effect.
I have acne and scars on my back; can I use the mat anyway?
- Yes. It should not make any difference if you have acne or scars on the body when using the acupressure mat. If you have open acne wounds or scars that have not yet healed, we do not recommend using the mat as it can make the wounds worse. But otherwise it is no problem.
Can I use the acupressure mat even though I am overweight?
- Yes. It is no problem at all. It should not be painful to use the acupressure mat; it should feel great but still hurt slightly. You can adjust the pressure of the acupressure mat by using a lighter t-shirt or a sheet in between.
Is it dangerous to lie on the acupressure mat for more than 40 minutes?
- No. The only risk is that you get deeper marks on your back but they disappear after a while. We would not recommend lying on the acupressure mat for over two hours daily, but no harm is done if it only happens occasionally, many people fall asleep on the acupressure mat.
Should I not use the acupressure mat during a cold?
- On the contrary, you should feel free to use the acupressure mat during a cold! The acupressure mat produces a reduced stress level, which is when the infection breaks out, because the body’s immune system takes care of the sick cells. (The same as when you get sick during a holiday, when the body has a chance to repair itself.) You can almost never prevent a cold from coming, you have to let is progress and let the body repair itself properly.
Can I use the acupressure mat if I have or have had some form of heart disease?
- If you have any heart problems you should use the acupressure mat with caution, lie down for a few minutes at a time and see what feels best for yourself. Always consult your doctor before use at the slightest uncertainty.
Can I use the acupressure mat if I have an inflammation of the neck / back?
- Absolutely, it can even speed up the healing process, when the blood circulation really gets to work on the inflamed area.
Can I use the acupressure mat if I have infected wounds on my back?
- In cases where the user has open wounds, infected or not, we advise against the use of the acupressure mat.
Directions on How to Use the Salveo Mat
- For best results use daily
- Put your mat on the floor or on your bed
- Lie on your back with the mat under you for 10-20 minutes
- New users may wish to start with a shorter time until body becomes used to the nails
- Users with sensitive skin may wish to place a light cloth over the nails or use a T-Shirt when using the mat
- The mat may be used for longer periods if desired
- Sensations and results may vary from person to person
More information about the Salveo Acupressure Mat
Our Mat represents good quality and as a customer you should always be able to feel safe with our product, because:
- It is manufactured according to the RoHS standard
- The plastic pressure points are made from non-toxic ABS plastic
- The fabric is 100% cotton
- And of course, we distance ourselves from all forms of child labour
That is why we are extra proud to offer you our Salveo Acupressure Mat and we are also convinced that you will be satisfied with our product.
Environmentally Friendly: The spiked flowers are heat welded into mats which are more environmentally friendly than other glue made acupressure mats.
Storage: You should roll up the mat and keep it in a dry and safe place, out of reach of children.
Cleaning: You can clean the Salveo Mat with hot water (30C). Remove the foam rubber pad. Use detergent or soap and wash it by hand. Let the mat drip-dry.
Travel: Remove the foam rubber pad and only take along the cloth part. That way the Salveo Acupressure Mat doesn’t take up so much space in your suitcase and you can simply place the cloth directly on your bed mattress. Many people have a hard time sleeping when they are away from home. The Salveo Acupressure mat can help you get a better night’s sleep, even when you are on the road.