Benefits of using this product:
- Adds / renews water repellency and revives breathability
- Maintains insulation, keeping you warm
- Minimises weight gain
- Prolongs the life of gear and optimises performance in wet weather
- Safe to use on all feather and down garments and equipment
- Easy to apply - can be used in a washing machine
- WaterBased - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non flammable, non hazardous
- Does not contain fluorocarbons
Ideal for all feather-filled / down clothing and accessories. Recommended for Puffa.
No video for this product.
How to apply:
For best results remove all non-washable parts and clean item(s) with Nikwax® Down Wash. No need to dry item before waterproofing. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions.
- Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
- Place clean item in washing machine (maximum 1 item).
- Use 3 full caps (150ml) for 1 item.
- Run 30° synthetic cycle and slow spin.
Hand Wash (use gloves):
- Immerse clean item(s) in hand-hot water. For clothing: use 3 full caps (150ml) for 1 item in a bowl and 6 full caps (300ml) for 2 items in a bath tub. Fully submerge item(s) in water. For sleeping bags: use 6 full caps (300ml) in 4cm deep water in a bathtub.*
- Agitate to mix, leave to soak for 5-10 minutes, then agitate thoroughly.
- Rinse clothing in cold water until water runs clear. For sleeping bags repeat process, drain and gently press bag to expel excess water.
Drying: Spin dry 3 times (slow spin). If care label allows, tumble dry according to manufacturer’s instructions on a low setting until ‘clumps’ have disappeared. Shaking and patting the item regularly during drying process will help restore loft to the down. *3-4 season down sleeping bags should be professionally cleaned or waterproofed.
To maintain waterproofing always wash with Nikwax® Down Wash. Do not use detergents
Always apply this product to used down / feather-filled clothing or accessories to keep items in perfect water-repellent condition. Remember to clean gear first with Nikwax Down Wash before applying Nikwax Down Proof (you don’t have to wait for items to dry between cleaning and proofing).