Nikwax BaseFresh Conditioner 300ml
Why technical base layer fabrics dry quickly and cool you down? Base layers are designed to be worn next to the skin, providing user comfort by maintaining body temperature and controlling moisture. The fabrics used are highly wicking (they will spread moisture out over a large area), fast drying and breathable. It is therefore essential to maintain these properties when...
Base layers are designed to be worn next to the skin, providing user comfort by maintaining body temperature and controlling moisture. The fabrics used are highly wicking (they will spread moisture out over a large area), fast drying and breathable. It is therefore essential to maintain these properties when caring for base layers.Base layers need to be cared for properly to keep them in top condition.
To keep base layers functioning properly, care must be taken when washing. Using conventional household detergents or fabric conditioners can impair wicking properties by causing the fabric to retain moisture. This leads to reduced wicking capabilities and slow drying of the fabric. Over time a build up of bacteria and body oils, especially in synthetic base layers, can lead to them smelling. If using conventional detergents or fabric conditioners, odours will not be adequately removed. Instead, they are masked by perfumes which fail quickly, leaving you with smelly base layers!Anyone who is active outdoors will benefit from wearing a base layer.
All active people should use base layers to effectively manage body moisture and regulate temperature. Hill walkers, runners, cyclists, and mountaineers are amongst those who utilise base layers to maintain their comfort whilst active.Wash your layers when they start to smell.
Once your base layer has been used a few times and is starting to smell, clean it with a standard detergent in your regular laundry and use Nikwax BaseFresh® to deodorise, freshen, soften, and enhance drying and cooling. Always apply this product to used base layers, socks, sports kit and travel clothing to keep them in perfect condition.Conventional household detergents and fabric conditioners reduce the performace of base layers.
Using conventional household detergents and fabric conditioners will impair the wicking properties of base layer fabrics. Standard household detergents do not stop odours from building up in the fabric when in use. Conventional fabric conditioners leave water-hating (hydrophobic) residues that will reduce the performance of the fabric, preventing it from spreading moisture and working to its maximum potential. Nikwax BaseFresh® used instead of a fabric conditioner allows the use of a conventional household detergent for cleaning, without compromising base layer functionality. Additionally Nikwax BaseFresh® improves wicking, accelerates drying, and removes and prevents odour build up.Consider other Nikwax products if you have a large number of base layers.
Nikwax BaseFresh® is fantastic if you only have a few dirty base layers and want to clean them in a regular laundry load, whilst maintaining their technical attributes. However, if you have a full load of base layers, Nikwax BaseWash® or Nikwax Wool Wash™ can be used to both clean and condition, without the need for additional detergents.How Nikwax BaseFresh stops you smelling and keeps you cool
- Nikwax BaseFresh® refreshes your base layers by deodorising and maintains freshness by preventing odour build up when in use.
- Nikwax BaseFresh® enhances and revitalises the wicking properties of base layers and everyday clothing, increasing breathability. This helps the fabric to spread sweat, dry quickly, and keep you more comfortable in all conditions.
- Nikwax BaseFresh® treated fabrics are more resistant to stains and day-to-day soiling. Should soiling occur, fabrics treated with Nikwax BaseFresh® are easier to clean.
- Nikwax BaseFresh® allows base layers to be cleaned with standard laundry using conventional detergents, removing the need for a separate wash.
- Nikwax BaseFresh® allows the use of aggressive detergents and cleaners to remove stubborn stains, such as chain oil, without compromising the performance of base layers. Like all Nikwax products, BaseFresh is safe to use
Nikwax takes great care to minimise the effect of Nikwax products on the environment and on you, the consumer. All Nikwax conditioning products are WaterBased, non-flammable, non-hazardous, biodegradable, environmentally friendly, and contain no volatile organic compounds (VOCs).People who use Nikwax BaseFresh say that it does the job.
Nikwax BaseFresh® is the product of choice of professional Outdoor trainers. To find out more about people who are using Nikwax BaseFresh®, and other Nikwax products, take a look at our testimonials page (coming soon).Washing instructions
Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions. Do not use on waterproof clothing.
- Place item(s) in washing machine (with normal laundry load).
- Use usual amount of regular detergent.
- Add 50ml of BaseFresh® to fabric conditioner drawer.
- Wash according to care label.
Air dry or tumble dry on a low setting if care label allows.