Nikwax Cotton Proof 300 ml
Benefits of using this product: Adds water repellency to cotton and polycotton and maintains breathability Prolongs the life of gear and optimises performance in wet weather Easy to apply - can be used in a washing machine or by hand, no tumble drying required Can be used on wet fabric Inhibits rotting of canvas caused by dampness Will not affect...
- Adds water repellency to cotton and polycotton and maintains breathability
- Prolongs the life of gear and optimises performance in wet weather
- Easy to apply - can be used in a washing machine or by hand, no tumble drying required
- Can be used on wet fabric
- Inhibits rotting of canvas caused by dampness
- Will not affect cosmetic appearance
- WaterBased - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non flammable, non hazardous
- Does not contain fluorocarbons
- Cotton clothing and equipment such as tents
- Polycotton clothing and equipment
- Canvas equipment
Nikwax Cotton Proof™ has been specifically designed and optimised for breathable cotton, polycotton and canvas materials; it leaves a flexible water repellent treatment on individual fibres allowing moisture vapour to pass through, maintaining breathability, prolonging the life of gear and optimising performance in wet weather.
Nikwax Cotton Proof™ is easy and quick to apply in a washing machine and ensures that the treatment goes right through the garment. The highly Durable Water Repellency (DWR) of Nikwax Cotton Proof™ develops on air drying. Therefore the need for tumble drying is removed, saving energy.
How to apply:
- Place clean item in a washing machine
- Apply Nikwax Cotton Proof in the machine’s dispenser
- Select a cotton wash cycle, start machine and complete rinse cycle
- Alternatively, just apply Nikwax in a simple hand wash
- Drip-dry or tumble dry on a low setting if the care label allows
To equipment, eg. tents
- Erect tent
- Paint solution onto the outside of the fabric
- Work solution in with a brush and spread evenly
- Clean off with water and allow to dry before packing or storing
- To proof clothing, use 2 full caps (100 ml) for 1 item and 3 full caps (150 ml) for 2-3 items.
- For dry cotton tents, dilute with 6 parts warm water (1:6) and for wet cotton tents dilute with only 2 parts warm water (1:2).
Apply this product to used cotton, polycotton or canvas to keep items in water-repellent condition. Remember to clean gear first with Nikwax Tech Wash before applying Nikwax Cotton Proof (you don’t have to wait for items to dry between cleaning and proofing).